|Year of Establishment||15-June-2001|
|Status of Affiliation||Provisional|
|Affiliation with Board since||2011|
|Extension of affiliation upto||31-March-2022|
|Name of Society||Gyandeep|
|Name of Principal||Mrs. Meenakshi Sharma|
|Area of School Campus||2 Acres|
|Area of Play ground||4000 Sq Meters|
|Transport Facility||Own Buses|
|About Scheme of Education in THE DOON GRAMMAR SCHOOL|
The Academic- Session commences from April. The school is affiliated to Central Board of Education and follows the 10+2 system of education.Medium of instruction is English , though Hindi is taught as compulsory subject right from initial class and its adequate knowledge is compulsory for promotion to higher classes. The students are tested regularly through three assessments (PT -1, PT-2 and PT-3 ) and two term Assessments (Mid Term-1 and Final Term) in an academic session. The students of class XI and XII are tested regularly through Unit Tests, quarterly and Half- yearly Examinations and Finally in Annual examinations in March (XII Board examinations in March). At the senior secondary the two streams of Science and commerce are offered.
Steps to be followed by the parents to cooperate for a successful education system.
- To keep their children updated with hygienic habits.
- To dress-up in a proper, neatly ironed and cleaned uniform.
- To be punctual always.
- Absents during tests should not be encouraged at any cost , this hampers their success.
- To deposit the dues on time.
- Admission to the school is open to all, irrespective of caste , creed or religion. Students of good moral character are granted admission.The admission is proceeded after, registration form is filled.
Admission will remain provisional until the required documents are submitted.
For Nursery and LKG
- The date of birth certificate.
- Four passport size photographs.
- Aadhar card
For UKG to IX and XI
1. Date of birth certificate. 2. Transfer Certificate 3. A certificate of character. 4.Marks-sheets /report cards from the last school attended.
Admission and Registration open for session 2020-2021 for all classes. click here
|Summer Timings||7:45 am to 1:30 pm.|
|Winter Timings||8:30 am to 2:05 pm.|
|Principal Office Timing||9:00 am to 11:00 Noon|
|School Office Timing||As per School Timings|
- The present fee structure is valid only for the current academic year ending on 31/03/2021.
- The Fee Card is to be presented with the fee. All fees are payable in advance by the 10th of every month.
- School bills must be settled by the due date as mentioned in the fees card for which they relate or as specified. A fine of Rs.50/- per calendar month will be charged if the fee is not paid by then. Cheques are not accepted after the due date.
- If the fee arrears of a child are outstanding for 45 days or more (including holidays and summer/winter vacation), his/her name will be struck off from the school rolls. Re-admission will be done.
- No student will be permitted to appear for the School/Board Examination unless all dues have been cleared, nor will Report Cards be given to students with arrears.
- A charge of Rs. 10.00 will be levied if the Card is lost and a duplicate has to be issued.
- Fees will be accepted at the school office from 8.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. only on working days (Saturdays up to 11.00 a.m.), Sunday and declared holidays closed.
- One clear calendar month’s notice must be given, in writing, before the withdrawal of the student. Failing which, one month’s fee will be charged in lieu thereof.
- Students leaving the school in April must in all cases, pay the month’s fee.
- The fee for June is charged in May and is payable by the due date. A fine of Rs. 50/- per calendar month will be charged for late payment.
- A student whose application for a Transfer Certificate is received after the commencement of the new academic year will be charged the May fee before the issue of the Transfer Certificate. Students applying for the Transfer Certificate in January will be charged fee upto the end of the academic year i.e. upto March.
- No application for Transfer Certificate will be entertained during the period that the school is closed for the Summer/Winter Vacations.
- Students are expected to reach school before the bell rings for assembly.
- At first bell the students’s should proceed briskly and in silence for the assembly, record will be maintained of late comers in the school diary. Students habitually coming late to school will be sent home.
- Students should be in clean uniforms, well polished shoes, hair neatly trimmed, dipped nails and teeth. Every child should have a handkerchief and a napkin in their tiffin box.
- Special care must be taken by students to preserve an atmosphere of silence and serious work during school hours.
- All text books and exercise books including home work copies should be covered with brown paper.
- Leave of absence must be applied for, a day in advance, except in cases of emergency. Leave will be granted on a written application but only for valid reasons and signed by Parents/ Guardians.
- It is compulsory to attend school on the closing, and the re¬opening day after each of the vacations. Strict action will be taken against defaulters.
- A minimum of 90% school attendance during the academic year is necessary of promotion to next class.
- Just as at home, so in the school also, the students are expected to take care of the school property.
- Students must take care of their personal property as the school authorities do not accept responsibility for lost watches, money, books, not books etc.
- A student must not attend school in case of any infectious disease such as measles, chicken pox or small pox till the infection period is over.
- Attendance on National days i.e. (Independence day & Republic Day) is Compulsory.
SUMMER UNIFORM (APRIL – OCTOBER)
|I to V||
|Class VI to XII||
HOUSE DRESS for class I to XII (WED & SAT)
|HOUSE NAME WITH MOTTO||BOYS||GIRLS|
|TAGORE (CONSTANT EFFORTS)||
(UNITY IS STRENGTH)
(ARISE,AWAKE AND STOP NOT UNTILL THE GOAL IS ACHIEVED
(TRUTH ALONE WILL TRIUMPH)
At THE DOON GRAMMAR SCHOOL, we provide education with an objective to empower students to make decisions, to find creative solutions and plan effective action strategies. The curriculum is structured in a manner that keeps your child in touch with the ever-changing world trends, right from the junior years to the senior level.
We constantly revamp, reinvent and evaluate the classroom and teaching strategy to create the most appropriate education that your child deserves. The study programme for all learning levels is unique because it is a cross-fertilization of the finest teaching methodologies.
The Pre-Primary Level (Nursery and Kindergarten)
- Learning is made interesting, fun and activity oriented at this level.
- Participation of the students is encouraged through such activities as drawing and coloring, writing, group games, clay modelling, puzzles, flash cards and conversations.
- Poems and stories are dramatized using expressive actions.
- Focus is on developing communication skills and on reinforcing an innate sense of discovery in everything that is taught.
- Children learn to comprehend through a multi sensory approach as concepts in Number Work, English and E.V.S. are made clear with the use of multimedia.
- Nature walks and regular educational tours to the Zoos, Railway Museums and Game Parks develop a sense of openness towards the world.
Primary Level (Class I to Class V)
- A thematic approach is designed to stimulate the children through various inter-active sessions and activities.
- An extensive use of technology aids to supplement classroom teaching.
- Project works in class calls for mass participation. An equal emphasis is laid on developing a strong sense of individuality.
- Field trips and excursions make learning fun.
- Use of the newspaper articles, quizzes, crosswords and other learning tools enhance general awareness.
Middle Level (Class VI to Class VIII)
- The emphasis is on acquiring in-depth conceptual knowledge.
- The curriculum is research oriented and based on teamwork vis-à-vis discussions, group project work, discovery and exploration.
- Personality development, value education and coping with peer pressure are stressed upon at this stage.
- Students work in groups and make power point presentations on subject related topics. Parents are also invited for such presentations.
Senior Secondary Level (Class IX to Class XII)
- Science and Commerce are among the main academic streams offered at THE DOON GRAMMAR SCHOOL.
- Various combinations of subjects are offered so that students can pursue their desired courses of study later in life.
- An equal stress is laid on preparing students for the prescribed CBSE syllabus and on preparing the students for the various competitive entrance examinations.
- Result oriented training is imparted by experienced professionals who target for total development and desired success.
- The concept of Synchro-Study has been introduced to reduce stress levels of students. A synchronized study pattern is maintained between the course content of the board examinations and that of the competitive entrance examinations.
- Students have complete access to the various laboratories and library resources, specially designed for the study and research requirements of the senior level students.
Scheme of Examination & Promotion
The School academic year is divided into two terms. The Annual Examination for Senior Classes is conducted in March with Half Yearly Exams being conducted in September. Besides this, there are periodical tests. Attendance in all examinations and tests is compulsory and due weightage is given to performance in these tests. Annual promotion upto middle school is based on continuous and comprehensive evaluation spread over the year The final report and promotion is based on the student’s performance throughout the year.
Updated on 2020-09-23T05:13:43+00:00, by .